Onboarding & Training Checklists
Checklists in HR Partner can be used for many different purposes: Employee onboarding checklists, training checklists, termination checklists, and more.
HR Partner's checklists component means that you have your very own LMS (learning management system) to offer employees right within HR Partner!
When thinking of checklists, the most important thing to keep in mind is that you can create different checklist templates for a variety of purposes. Within each checklist template are checklist items, which must be created first in order to assemble the template.
Think of checklist items as "steps" within each checklist template.
You can assign a checklist template to one or more employees, and reuse past checklist templates whenever you wish. You can also create specific Checklist Items for admin users, and others for employees only. For example, within an onboarding checklist, you may have a task to assign to yourself as the HR manager (such as "Set up employee workspace.") You will also have a list of tasks for the employee, but there may be some items that they don't need to see, such as setting up the workspace.
Setting up a new Checklist
To set up a new onboarding or training checklist with tasks for employees, follow these steps:
- To create a new Checklist Template, go to Checklists —> Templates from the main menu.
- Click the "Add Checklist Template" button.
- To create a new task to add to the list, click the "Add New Checklist Item Below" button.
- Create your checklist item/task name (this will be the task name that your employees see).
- Under the "Checklist Type" drop-down list, select the type of task you'd like to create (standard check item, link to external site, library document, document e-sign, or video clip).
- Click "Save".
- Continue adding new checklist items until you're satisfied.
- Click "Save."
Assigning checklists to employees
Once your checklist is setup, you can assign a checklists with tasks to one or multiple employees.
- Go to "Checklists —> Assigned" from the main menu.
- Click the "Assign Checklist to Employee(s)" button.
- Select your checklist template, then type in the names of the employees it will be assigned to under "Recipient List".
- In the message text-area, write the message that these Employees will receive via email to alert them of the Checklist. They will be emailed a link to access the Checklist, so you can add a message like "Welcome to the company" or "Please follow these steps to complete your training."
You're all done! Now, to view the progress and items within an employee's checklist, simply navigate to Checklists —> Assigned —> Update (The "Update" button is on the right side of every employee listed).
Definitions: Checklist Item Types
Checklist Description: The name of your checklist item step. This is essentially the text of your Checklist Item that you will be able to reference.
Standard Check Item: Your Checklist Item will be displayed as a text step.
Link to External Site: Here you can choose to link to an external site as part of a Checklist Item step. For example, you might want to link to a training video on YouTube or your website, or link to documentation posted elsewhere.
Video Clip: Ideal for company training videos. You can choose to embed videos from YouTube or Vimeo, or any video that has been uploaded to your HR Partner library.
Download a Library Document: Select this option if you'd like to link to a document within your HR Partner company Library (which can be found on the left menu). This is ideal if you've uploaded an employee handbook or other company manual to the Library. That way, you can easily reference and display it in the Checklist Item, making it easier for employees.
Definitions: Checklist Item Options
Employee Must Check Off This Item: Tick box if this Checklist Item is for the employee to complete.
Company Admin Must Check Off This Item: Tick box if an Admin User should also review + check the item to double check everything is correct after employee turns in.
Make This Item Visible to Employee: Tick box to make item visible to employee (typically this is always checked if employee is intended to complete the step).
Require a File to Be Uploaded: Tick this box if a file will be uploaded for the employee to complete (such as a health/safety agreement), OR read. If you're an admin user and want to upload a file for them that is confidential like this, you can click on that employee's checklist after it has been created and upload the file there for them to review.
Make File Upload Mandatory: Leave this off if you're uncertain. Tick this box if you only want the employee to be able to check this step as complete once HR Partner has detected a file upload.
When setting up checklist items, you can define whether or not you'd like to set automatic email reminders to employees when a checklist is late. For example, if you want an employee to complete this checklist no later than 8 days from now, choose "Remind in 8 days."
If you have any questions, feel free to use live chat after logging in, or email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.